ACC has developed insurance cover for self-employed people and non PAYE shareholder employees.
ACC CoverPlus Extra enables you to negotiate your level of lost earnings cover. That way you know exactly what you’ll receive if you’re injured and can’t work – and it doesn’t matter whether the injury is work related.
- ACC CoverPlus Extra is available to all self-employed and non –PAYE shareholder-employees who work 30 hours or more per week – and to part-timers whose earnings exceed the ACC CoverPlus Extra minimum (which changes every year)
- You negotiate your level of lost earnings cover
- You receive 100% of this lost earnings cover if you can’t work because of an injury, starting one week after your injury.
- You don’t have to prove loss of earnings when you make a claim.
- You have access to medical and work-related help as part of ACC CoverPlus Extra
- If you work 30 hours or more a week or, if you work part-time, earn an income that’s above the ACC CoverPlus Extra minimum (which changes every year – visit www.acc.co.nz/cpx for more information on this).
- If your income fluctuates from year to year
- If your personal income is not a true reflection of your actual earnings. For example, you might split your income with a partner or spouse, or take advantage of options to reduce your tax.
- If your business would continue generating income if you were injured and couldn’t work
- If you are starting out in your own business and don’t have an income history